Busy week here in central NC for the arts and arts ed …
- ArtsNC Board meets this Thursday in Greensboro. Planning for Regional Arts Summits prior to Arts Day 2013: April 9-10. Coming to Hickory, Goldsboro, Concord, and the Triangle in February and March. [Oh, and by the way, have you ordered your Arts License Plate yet?]
- Scholastic Art Awards at Barton College were just announced, and Northwood students received Gold Keys, Silver Keys, and Honorable Mentions. The Awards Ceremony is scheduled for Feb 3 and the exhibition runs thru Feb 22 at Barton College Art Gallery.
- Traveling back to Greensboro with NHS singers for the NCMEA High School All-State Choir. This annual event highlights more than 800 of our state’s finest singers and gives them the opportunity to work with outstanding collegiate choral directors to prepare for the Jan. 26 concert at the War Memorial Auditorium. Read more about the three choirs, the clinicians, and this year’s program here.
- Meanwhile, NHS will have an instrumentalist taking part in the Central District Bandmasters Association All-District Band Clinic in Raleigh.
- And finally, attending a big event commissioned by Carolina Performing Arts to celebrate the centennial of Stravinsky’s The Rite of Spring—The premiere weekend of A Rite, a collaborative work by Bill T. Jones/Arnie Zane Dance Company & SITI Company.